JHEP – Joint Heritage European Programme
Europe’s cultural heritage is the world’s most diverse and rich patrimony attracting millions of visitors every year to monuments, historical city centres, archaeological sites and museums. Moreover, heritage is an important component of individual and collective identity. In both its tangible, intangible and digital forms, it contributes to the cohesion of the European Union and plays a fundamental role in European integration by creating relations among citizens.
JHEP is the Coordination Action in support to the Joint Programming Initiative (JPI) on “Cultural Heritage and Global Change: a new challenge for Europe” . The 36 month-Project involved 10 Partners, all key ministries or agencies within their national systems, and started in January 2011.
JHEP intended to structure and support this JPI to implement the Action Programme for the area of research on cultural heritage in a changing world, through an improved coordination of the various stakeholders dealing with cultural heritage, including SMEs, heritage owners, public administrations, research partners, and local communities.
The main objectives of JHEP were therefore:
- Providing necessary administrative and logistical support to the meetings of the Governing Board, Executive Board, Scientific Committee and Advisory Board required for the development and implementation of the SRA and Action Programme.
- defyining the strategic and scientific priorities to develop the scientific research agenda
- implementing joint and coordinated research activities
- extending the partnership and cooperation networks at global level, with international and NGOs
- evaluating and monitoring the joint activities
- involving stakeholders through a communication plan to ensure the translation of research outputs into practice and policy
JHEP included 6 Work Packages:
- WP 1: Management and Coordination
- WP 2: Development and elaboration of the Strategic Research Agenda
- WP 3: Implementation of Joint Programming Initiative
- WP 4: Extending the partnership and cooperation
- WP 5: Monitoring and evaluating the JPI
- WP 6: Dissemination and communication
For information on JHEP Deliverables (PP) and other reserved documents please go to the Reserved area page.